Ily presented me with this beautiful award, and only she knows why as I am such an irregular blogger but I really appreciate it.
But, like so many things in live, there are strings attached by accepting the award: I have to list seven interesting things about myself and then pass on the trophy... So here are 7 interesting things about me
1. Being born and raised in The Netherlands, I - contrary to popular believes - never wore wooden shoes,never lived in a windmill nor did I ever put my finger in a dike to save the country.
2. I don't like it when people put a label on me as it is about their expectations of me and not about who I really am.
3. I have a pretty sarcastic sense of humor.
4. I am a good girl.
5. I was asked to leave the academy of art after k.o-ed a teacher (long story and worth another blog). Still point 4 applies.
6. You can wake me up for a LARGE plate of mussels prepared in either the Dutch way or the Italian way. Really just hold it under my nose....
7. Once I was in a museum in Dublin, Ireland looking for a painting by Vermeer when I saw my first Caravaggio (the taking of Christ) and I totally fell in love with it. Almost forgot about the little painting by Vermeer, almost... but found it later on. One of my best visits ever to a museum.
Circus is an inspiring theme to paint and I had a lot of fun working on my painting.
Last night the opening of the "Circus Circus" group show at the Windisch-Hunt was also fun. A large number of people came to the show which was filled with creations of more than 20 artists, each with their own interpretation of the theme.